Back to News
Walking for Health
Posted on 8 Dec 2017
Stratford-on-Avon District ‘Walking for Health’ walks programme
The walks are designed to be a gentle introduction/re-introduction to physical activity and are ideal for individuals who are inactive, have long term health conditions or would like to increase their activity.
The days, times and meeting places of our walks are:
• Mondays (Stratford) – Stratford Leisure Centre, on the ground floor next to the café at 10:00am
• Mondays (Bidford) – Bidford next to the Bridge Restaurant at 10:30am
• Tuesdays (Southam) – Southam Leisure Centre at 2:00pm
• Wednesdays (Stratford) – Stratford Leisure Centre, on the ground floor next to the café at 10:30am
• Friday (Wellesbourne) – Wellesbourne Village Hall at 9:45am
Please click here to view the Walks for Health Programe Leaflet for more informaiton.
The walks are free to attend and are led by Walking for Health qualified Walks Leaders who take the groups on routes lasting between 30-90mins.
Each walk takes place every week throughout the year regardless of the weather; all an individual would have to do is arrive at the right time/place and the walks leader will ask them to complete a registration form. There is no obligation to turn up every week and walkers can choose to attend as many of the different walks as they like.